The Dallas Swimming Pool has been serving the Back Mountain Community with educational and competitive Aquatics Programs for over 20 years.
All programs are open to the public. Dallas School District residency not required to participate in Dallas Swimming Pool programs. A lifeguard will be on duty during all activities.
Afternoon Public Family Swim and Lap Swim
Want to cool off and splash around or get in a few laps? The pool is open to the Dallas School District community three days per week. An adult must accompany all swimmers under 15 years old.
- Fee: $2 for all swimmers
- 2022 Dates & Times: From June 6–July 28, the pool will be open Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays from 4–6 PM.
Learn to Swim Program
Don’t know how to swim or want to learn more advanced skills? This is the program for you! New swimmers learn basic water skills and water safety while more advanced swimmers learn competitive stroke techniques along with advanced water safety. All ages and levels of ability can benefit from our excellent instructors with a 5:1 student/teacher ratio.
2022 Session Dates
- Session 1: June 13–24 | Monday to Friday
- Session 2: June 27–July 11 | Monday to Friday
2022 Session Times
Level 1 | 12–12:40 PM
- Ages: 4-5 years, 5-6 years, and 7-8+ years with no swimming lesson experience
- Requirement: Swimmers should be comfortable with the water but no experience is necessary and all participants must be potty trained
- Separate classes will be established by age group
- DO NOT bring any floatation aids that the children currently use
Level 2 | 1–1:45 PM
- Ages: 5-6 years, 7-8 years, and 8+ years
- Requirements: Swimmers can already support themselves in water, submerge and recover unaided, and swim on belly or back for 8-10 yards unaided
Level 3 | 2–2:45 PM
- Ages: 8-9 years and 10+ years
- Requirements: Swimmers are ready to learn more advanced safety techniques, can swim 20 yards without support, and prepared to learn the competitive swimming strokes
- Parents must remain in the bleachers during lessons
$80 per child per session
Checks payable to: Dallas School District (no cash please)
- Mail completed registration form and check for $80 per swimmer per session to:
Dallas Middle School
℅ Matthew Stretanski – Pool Manager
2020 Conyngham Ave.
Dallas, PA 18612
- Bring completed registration form and payment to Dallas Middle School during regular school hours (7:45 AM to 3:30 PM).
Lessons fill quickly. All registrations must be received by May 25.
Additional Programs for Competitive Swimmers and Divers
Dallas Mountaineers Aquatic Club (DMAC) is entering its 12th year as a Summer Swim Club to complement the highly successful winter age group swim team. DMAC is a competitive swim team for developing and committed athletes from ages 6 to 21. This is a team where proper technique, fitness, and a positive, healthy lifestyle are emphasized!
Swimmers should be able to complete 25 yards unaided to participate. The 2022 program runs May 31 to July 29. Please refer to the team website for brochures and applications. Insurance is provided through team membership. Contact email@example.com or request to join DMAC Age Group Swim Team on Facebook for more information.
Back Mountain Diving Club is an Amateur Athletic Union affiliated Diving Club for all new and experienced competitive divers. Contact Taylor Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org for information concerning this program.
Additional questions concerning all aquatics programs can be addressed to Matthew Stretanski at email@example.com.